July 7, 2011 4:13PM
Updated: July 21, 2011 11:46AM
Ira Siegel is an automotive correspondent for Sun-Times Media. An assistant professor of automotive technology at Moraine Valley Community College in Palos Hills, Ill., Siegel has been an ASE-certified Master Automobile Technician for more than 25 years. Siegel has worked professionally as an automotive technician at a variety of repair facilities during the 1980s while earning his Associate's degree in Automotive Technology from Oakton Community College, Des Plaines, Ill. Siegel shifted gears in 1990 when he became an automotive technology instructor, and in 1993 he began writing a question-and-answer column and vehicle reviews for the Daily Southtown.
An avid automotive enthusiast, when Siegel is not teaching or writing, or working on or driving cars, he enjoys road trips with his family and bicycling. Siegel holds two Associate's degrees from Oakton Community College and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Governors State University.
You Might Like
- Beetle Convertible debuts with sportier style
- Lexus ES350 maintains luxury feel
- Jeep Wrangler Sport a dual-purpose SUV
- Click & Clack: How to replace a car’s interior
- Chrysler Group makes substantial investment in Ohio machining plant
- Chevrolet Equinox a distinctive and comfortable crossover
- New Ford Explorer Sport a high-performance SUV